Every podiatrist in private practice understands that marketing is essential for a successful practice. There are many sources of external marketing—yellow page ads, TV and newspaper articles, meetings with professional organizations—for which a practioner has to weigh out the return on investment. At the Institute for Podiatric Excellence (IPED) we’ve learned from our seasoned podiatrists about a whole other kind of marketing, from the inside out. It requires little financial investment and yet can yield big results. Here are 10 ways to market your practice internally:
- Work at really listening to your patients. Smile and connect with each person that passes through your office. Become a physician that patients like personally.
- Make it a point to interact both professionally and socially with primary care physicians who will be a source of referrals.
- Be diligent about getting reports back to referring physicians in a timely manner.
- Be prompt in making follow-up phone calls to patients.
- Have brochures detailing your areas of expertise and business cards with all your contact information in your office reception area where patients can take it and hopefully pass it on.
- Be available to patients and referring physicians and return their calls as quickly as possible.
- Stock your reception area with literature about various podiatric conditions and diagnoses patients may be given. Encourage them to ask questions until they are comfortable with suggested treatments.
- Make sure your office is cheerful, bright and an attractive place to visit.
- It may seem like a little thing but be sure that when a patient calling your office is put on hold, there is a pleasant message or recording for them to hear.
- When you know a patient is satisfied with the care you have provided, ask them to refer you to a relative or friend or leave an online review.
One of the advantages of membership in IPED is the wealth of information available to you. We’ve built our institute on the experience and knowledge of podiatric professionals at all stages of their careers. To learn more about IPED and how it can benefit you, contact us by calling: 978-296-7634 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.