Canadian Federation of Podiatric Medicine
The CFPM was created in 1999, under the name CFFS, by a small group of practitioners who recognized a need for a national association that was open for membership to all chiropodists and podiatrists in Canada. In 2004 the Association's name changed to CFPM, Canadian Federation of Podiatric Medicine, which better represented the Association's mission and membership.
- To aid the profession through representation to the government, educational and regulatory institutions.
- To promote Podiatric unity in Canada
- To provide public education
What CFPM Does
- Liaises with government agencies and other professional associations
- Offers continuing educational opportunities
- Helps practitioners in their day to day practices
- Produces a national journal to disseminate information
- Offers public education of the role of Podiatry Promotes national Podiatric unity
Did You Know?
Studies in North America and Europe have shown that with regular treatment from a Podiatrist / Chiropodist many elderly patients remain ambulatory, active and in their own homes fro a longer time period.
For Your Foot Health ...
CFPM encourages all members of the public to have their feet examined as a precautionary measure to promote good foot health and overall well being. See your Podiatrist / Chiropodist, they are an important member of the health care team.